D.C. Police have reported eight robberies that took place in various parts of the District Friday night into Saturday morning. According to the Department's official Twitter account, the robberies took place in the following locations:
- The 2500 block of Sheridan Street SE at approximately 9:25 p.m. Police are looking for a heavy-set man standing between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall, who was last seen wearing black basketball shorts.
- The 1600 block of K Street NE. Police are looking for a young man standing about 5 feet tall who was last seen heading north in the East Alley near K Street. They are also looking for a man standing 5 feet, 5 inches tall who was last seen running up Bladensburg Road NE. They believe a knife was used in this robbery.
- The 1400 block of Rhode Island Avenue NE at approximately 10:17 p.m. Police are looking for seven men, all with long hair, blue jeans, and a black jacket, who were last seen running toward Saratoga Avenue NE.
- The intersection of U Street and Vermont Avenue NW. Police are looking for a man standing about five feet, eight inches tall and weighing approximately 150 pounds who was last seen wearing dark jeans and a gray hoodie.
- The 1800 block of Kalorama Road NW. Police are looking for three men wearing ski masks. They believe at least one gun was used in this robbery.
- The 4900 block of Rock Creek Church Road NE. No lookout description has been released.
- The intersection of 8th and Taylor Streets NW. Police say a suspect is in custody in this robbery.
- The 100 block of Pierce Street NE at approximately 2:50 a.m. Police are looking for three men who wore all dressed in dark clothing and wore skullcaps. They were last seen in an older-model black vehicle. Police believe at least one gun was used in this robbery.
Police do not believe that any of the robberies are connected. No injuries have been reported, and it is not clear what was taken in each robbery.
Stay with News4 and NBCWashington.com for the latest on this stories.