Trummer's on Main: Pumpkin Bisque Recipe
Executive Chef Austin Fausett
Makes six servings.
- 1/2 pumpkin, Blue Hubbard
- 1/2 ginger
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1/2 cups cream
- salt and sugar to taste
1. Brown butter in large rondeau (a wide, round shallow pot).
2. Add carrots and allow to cook down in butter.
3. Add ginger and sweat until fragrant. Add shallots and sweat.
Add garlic and turmeric. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add stock, and simmer until carrots are very tender. Add cream and simmer for five minutes.
5. Blend together in blender until smooth.
6. Serve in hollowed-out mini pumpkins (in this case, hollowed-out heirloom Blue Hubbard).
7. Garnish with Syrian pumpkin seed oil and chives.