The next few days are going to be flurry of free agent chaos, training camp scheduling, contract negotiations, and OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS GOING ON?
We've pulled together a simple breakdown of what to expect from the Redskins in the next few days. Things are changing rapidly and the team hasn't released their official training camp schedule yet, so keep your eyes and ears open for developments.
- Players are able to report to Redskins Park and make use of the weight room.
- Starting at 10 a.m., teams can begin to negotiate trades.
- Teams are allowed to begin negotiating with free agents Tuesday at 10 a.m also. No deal will be official until Friday at 6 p.m. Free agents will not be able to participate in physical practices until August 4, and is contingent upon the NFL Players Association ratifying the new CBA before then.
- Training camp will formally begin. First day is limited to physicals and meetings, second and third day are no pads/no contact.
- Teams are permitted to begin cutting players Thursday afternoon at 4:01 p.m..
- The Redskins will conduct two days of practices with no pads and no contact and likely will have a normal training camp practice Saturday.
- Starting at 6p.m., teams can renegotiate contracts
- At the same time they can sign players but those players may not receive any contract payments and they will be prohibited from physical activity until a CBA is ratified
- Signed Rookies may participate and have protection if injured.
Normal training camp practice
- No rookie can take the field until a contract is signed. Everyone will begin negotiating with the Redskins on Tuesday morning.
- Free agents will not be able to participate in physical practices until August 4, and is contingent upon the NFL Players Association ratifying the new CBA before then.
Questions, comments or tips? Email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow her on Twitter (@sarahschorno).