When the creators of Chop’t Creative Salad Company, Colin McCabe and Tony Shure, began their culinary venture 8 years ago, they wanted to make “creative, fresh, and healthy” synonymous with New York City’s lunch scene. Their idea was a success and soon spread to the District where consistent crowds enjoy their innovative concept.
Inside Chop’t awaits a wide variety of salads and sandwiches. Customers can choose from more than 60 different ingredients, such as anchovy fillets and grilled shrimp, and 20 homemade dressings (which are also sold in bottles to go). Then, watch as your meal is prepared using mezzaluna knives.
While the salads may be a bit pricey, the portions are generous. The key is to limit the number of “choppings” you choose for you salad. Only certain ingredients are free.
The first Chop’t opened in January 2001. Today, there are nine locations throughout the New York and DC metro areas.
Chop’t DC Area Locations:
1735 N. Lynn Street
Rosslyn, VA 22209
1300 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20036
1105 19th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036
730 7th St NW
Washington, DC 20005
618 12th St., NW
Washington, DC 22209
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here