NBA Essentials ranks our six favorite stories of the day.
1. Ft. Worth Star-Telegram. Dirk follows Shaq's lead, announces his retirement date a few years ahead of time.
2. San Jose Mercury News. Chris Mullin doesn't seem at all mad at Monta Ellis. Turns out Mully is a Vespa enthusiast too.
3. Sacramento Bee. Randy Brown tried to punk Kevin Martin. It would have been a good one.
4. Indy Cornrows. Making the case for bringing Mike Dunleavy Jr. -- possibly Indiana's best scorer -- off the bench.
5. Blazers Edge. How trade sausage is made.
6. Toronto Star. The new Raptors road alts are pretty hot. Every fanbase wants black jerseys.