Local

Several Sickened in CO Scare at Southeast Building

Faulty heating system blamed

Several people in a southeast D.C. high rise complained of feeling sick Monday because of a carbon monoxide leak.

D.C. Fire and EMS went to the 2600 block of Wade Road SE for a report of a gas leak and quickly learned it was actually a carbon monoxide leak.

Residents of a condominium complex were evaluated at the scene in a medical ambulance bus, and 11 adults and five children were taken to hospitals, but everyone is expected to be OK.

The leak was due to a faulty heating system.

Residents have been allowed back inside the building, but they can’t use the heat until the heating system is fixed.

Contact Us