If entrance fees stopped you from visiting a national park in the past, now’s your chance to experience the beauty for free.
National parks will be free Monday in honor of Presidents Day.
The "fee-free" day cover entrance fees, commercial tour fees and transportation entrance fees. While no entrances fees will be collected, camping and tour fees may still apply.
Here's a list of Maryland and Virginia national parks you can explore for free this upcoming weekend (bonus: the forecast looks sunny!):
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine
- Fort Washington Park
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- Appomattox Court House National Historical Park
- Colonial National Historical Park
- George Washington Memorial Parkway’s Great Falls Park
- Manassas National Battlefield Park
- Petersburg National Battlefield
- Prince William Forest Park
- Shenandoah National Park