In primary elections, the early bird gets to skip out on long lines at voting stations.
Early voting for the upcoming Maryland primary begins Thursday, April 14 and continues through April 21 -- but early polling locations differ from election-day voting locations.
And remember, in order to be eligible for early voting, you need to make sure you are a registered, party-affiliated voter. Polls for early voting will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on early voting days.
If you plan on casting a ballot early, here's a list of early voting centers near you:
In addition, the deadlines for voting by absentee ballot are coming up.
If you plan on casting an absentee ballot, JUMP TO: Absentee Voting
Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia local news, events and information
- Odenton Regional Library (1325 Annapolis Road)
- Glen Burnie Regional Library in Glen Burnie (1010 Eastway)
- Severna Park Community Library in Severna Park (45 West McKinsey Road)
- Annapolis Senior Activity Center in Annapolis (119 S. Villa Ave.)
- Edgewater Community Library in Edgewater (25 Stepneys Lane)
- Community Resources Building in Prince Frederick (30 Duke St. – Lower Level)
- La Plata Firehouse in La Plata (911 Washington Ave.)
- Gleneagles Neighborhood Center in Waldorf (4900 Kirkcaldy Court)
- Frederick Senior Center in Frederick (1440 Taney Ave.)
- Thurmont Regional Library in Thurmont (76 E. Moser Road)
- Urbana Regional Library in Frederick (9020 Amelung St.)
- Germantown Community Recreation Center in Germantown (18905 Kingsview Road)
- Marilyn J. Praisner Community Recreation Center in Burtonsville (14906 Old Columbia Pike)
- Executive Office Building Auditorium in Rockville (101 Monroe St.)
- Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza in Silver Spring (1 Veterans Place)
- Activity Center at Bohrer Park Social Hall in Gaithersburg (506 S. Frederick Ave.)
- Damascus Community Recreation Center Social Hall in Damascus (25520 Oak Drive)
- Jane E. Lawton Community Recreation Center, Social Hall in Chevy Chase (4301 Willow Lane)
- Mid-County Community Recreation Center Social Hall in Silver Spring (2004 Queensguard Road)
- Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad in Wheaton (2400 Arcola Ave.)
- Potomac Community Recreation Center in Potomac (11315 Falls Road)
- Upper Marlboro Community Center in Upper Marlboro (5400 Marlboro Race Track Road)
- College Park Community Center in College Park (5051 Pierce Ave.)
- Bowie Gymnasium in Bowie (4100 Northview Drive)
- Wayne K. Curry Sports and Learning Complex in Landover (8001 Sheriff Road)
- Baden Community Center in Brandywine (13601 Baden-Westwood Road)
- Laurel – Beltsville Senior Activity Center in Laurel (7120 Contee Road)
- Suitland Community Park School Center in Forestville (5600 Regency Lane)
- Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex in Fort Washington (7007 Bock Road)
- Hollywood Firehouse Carnival Bingo Building in Hollywood (24801 Three Notch Road)
- Washington County Early Voting Center, Phoenix Color Building II in Hagerstown (101 Tandy Drive)
Voters may request absentee ballots by mail, online or by fax.
The deadline to request a mailed or faxed absentee ballot is Tuesday, April 19; the deadline to request an electronic absentee ballot is Friday, April 22.
If a voter misses the above deadlines, but still wants to vote absentee, they or a representative must apply in person at their local board of elections before 8 p.m. on election day. Find more information online here.
For more information about the upcoming election, visit the Maryland State Board of Elections home page.