Protests in the United States have put a spotlight on the effects of racism and racial injustice.
Now, calls for change are being led by the group Black Lives Matter.
But what does that look like? The group explains their calls to “defund the police.” And we’ll hear what local police unions have to say about calls for reform.
News4 anchor Aaron Gilchrist led a discussion on racism, police and how BLM became a movement.
Watch Inequality in America: A Call to Action in the video player above.
- April Goggans – Black Lives Matter
- Del. Julian Ivey (D-Prince George's County)
- Prof. Marcia Chatelain – Georgetown University
- Thenjiwe McHarris – Movement For Black Lives
- Lee Holland – Montgomery County Police Union (FOP Lodge 35)
- Gregg Pemberton – DC Police Union
- News4 reporters Tracee Wilkins and Scott MacFarlane
See our previous special on inequality in America, which aired on June 11: