The District is keeping pools and splash parks open longer so Washingtonians can keep cool in the heat wave.
Through Monday, July 22, the following pools will open from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m.:
- Ward 1: Banneker (2500 Georgia Ave. NW)
- Ward 2: Francis (2435 N St. NW) and Jelleff (3265 S St. NW)
- Ward 3: Friendship Recreation "Turtle Park" Center Splash Park (4500 Van Ness St. NW)
- Ward 4: Upshur (4300 Arkansas Ave. NW)
- Ward 5: Harry Thomas (1743 Lincoln Road NE) and Langdon Park (2860 Mills Ave. NE)
- Ward 6: Rosedale (1701 Gales St. NE)
- Ward 7: Kenilworth (4321 Ord St. NE)
- Ward 8: Fort Stanton (1800 Erie St. SE) and Oxon Run (501 Mississippi Ave. SE)
The District has 18 outdoor pools, 11 indoor pools, 24 spray parks and two children's pools in total.
Find info on all of the District's pools and spray parks online here. Note that not every pool is open every day — but you will definitely find multiple pools open on any day you'd like.
Admission to D.C.'s outdoor pools is free if you have a D.C. driver's license or identification card. Students from area universities can also present their student IDs. Non-residents must buy a swim pass.
Follow the links below for a list of pools and spray parks in other parts of the D.C. area: