Two Firefighters Injured in College Park Blaze - NBC4 Washington

Two Firefighters Injured in College Park Blaze

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Two Firefighters Injured in College Park Blaze
    NBC Local Media

    Prince George's County fire officials say two firefighters have suffered minor burn injuries while battling a house fire in College Park.

    Fire department spokesman Mark Brady says the firefighters were taken the burn unit of Washington Hospital Center on Sunday night, where they were expected to be treated and released. Brady says a person leaving the home also suffered a minor burn injury, but did not seek treatment at the hospital.

    Brady says the fire occurred in the 7300 block of Baylor Avenue about 10:15 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find the fire showing from the first floor of the home, and battled the blaze for about a half hour before extinguishing it.

    Brady says the fire has displaced a family.

    After an initial investigation, the fire appears to have started in the home's fireplace.  It's being called accidental.