4 Sickened by Carbon Monoxide in D.C.

WASHINGTON -- Four people from a northeast Washington home were being treated Thursday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters were called to the home on South Dakota Avenue about 7:30 a.m. Thursday, according to D.C. Fire Department spokesman Alan Etter. He said one woman was initially found unconscious.

All four people were taken to a hospital.

Etter said he believes a faulty furnace may be to blame.

Firefighters were working to ventilate the home.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us