The big day is almost here! Yes, the Oscars are on Sunday and I personally will be sitting on my couch playing fashion critic. In honor of the occasion, here are my top five Oscar looks ever! (Trust me, it was a hard choice deciding on just five).
1) Julia Roberts - In 2001, Julia won the Oscar for Best Actress and also won style raves in this black Vintage Valentino, with white trim, from the designer's Fall 1982 collection. With flawless hair and makeup complimenting the gown, Julia transcended pretty woman… and was downright gorgeous!
2) Uma Thurman - The Best Supporting Actress nominee floated in lilac Prada, (an unknown designer at the time) in 1995… and basically changed the red carpet rules forever. The simple yet elegant gown made headlines- after that the Oscars became as much about fashion as it was about the movies (at least for me)!
3) Halle Berry - Halle nailed her ensemble when she took home the Best Actress Oscar in 2002. She was both sexy and stunning, showing off her curves in an Elie Saab see-thru number with floral embellishment. The dress put the designer on the map. After the big night he told us "She looks like a princess. Like a dream."
4) Gwyneth Paltrow - I know a lot of people thought Gwyneth's pink taffeta Ralph Lauren in 1999 was ill-fitting but I loved it. To me it was fit for a princess- perfect for when you are accepting your Best Actress Oscar! And the finishing touch: a 40 carat Harry Winston diamond necklace that was a gift from her dad.
5) Cate Blanchett - Nominated against Gwyneth that year, Cate was a red carpet winner! Her beautiful purple John Galliano gown featured embroidery of flowers and a hummingbird. Cate told us she worked with Galliano. "We talked about hummingbirds and the way hummingbirds mate for life so there is a little hummingbird down on the bottom. It was sort of a love dress in a way for my husband." Talk about a fashion statement!
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Project Oscars: Oscars Designer Challenge
PLAY IT NOW: Oscar 2009: Hair & Makeup
PLAY IT NOW: How To Lose Five Pounds By Oscar Night