Get Your Twitter On: The Battle of FentyDC v. MayorFenty was originally published on City Desk on Aug. 13, 2009, at 2:03 p.m.
Seems the fake Adrian Fenty Twitterer, @FentyDC, now has some competition. From the real Fenty – or, @MayorFenty.
The D.C. mayor -- assuming it really is him; his office has yet to confirm -- has only one post so far, and it clearly wasn’t written by him. The account went live last month with this tweet:
- Mayor Adrian M Fenty’s Twitter Page Built by the 2009 Summer Youth Employment Program IT participants as part of the DC DOES SYEP. Lets talk 1:32 PM Jul 27th from web
The fake posts, about which CP wrote a few months ago, are way better:
- I know how my AG feels. This whole “I’m sorry” thing is new to me as well. 24 minutes ago from Power Twitter
- I think the shaved head look works for me, but it is killer in this heat. about 23 hours ago from Power Twitter
- Thinking about signing an executive order that next mayoral election be decided by a triathlon http://tinyurl.com/n4yrv7about 23 hours ago from Power Twitter
- Frat party snafu might have gone unnoticed if I didn’t bill city for my tailored Brooks Brothers toga http://tinyurl.com/l3ecgb 9:27 AM Aug 5th from Power Twitter
So far, the fake Fenty has 236 followers. The real one has 23.
Copyright CITYP - Washington City Paper