Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- Tokyo's Toshima Incineration Plant turns 300 tons of garbage into electricity, hot water and a type of recyclable sand each day. Incredibly, it has no odor.
- A new experimental widget called Ubiquity by the makers of Firefox attempts to perform tasks based on past preferences and commands to make the web more intuitive to use.
- About 2,000 mustangs that are in a federally maintained herd of wild horses and burros have become to expensive to maintain and will likely face euthanasia.
- In order to combat waning interest in baseball cards, trading-card companies are inserting unique collectibles into random packs called "chase cards." Among the collectibles? A strand of what's reported to be Abe Lincoln's hair.
- Archaeologists have found what is believed to be the first-ever nuclear family. The remains of a woman and man embracing along with their two boys were uncovered in Germany and are more than 4,000 years old.
- A new board game called "Playing Gods: The Board Game of Divine Domination" uses characters from the major religions of the modern world and bills itself as the "world's first satirical board game of religious warfare."