DC's "Best Parade" is back and, with these streets closings, your best bet into the city this weekend will not be your car.
Starting at 4:00 p.m. and ending at 9:00 p.m., the following streets will be shut down for the staging of the Capital Pride Parade:
- 23rd Street, NW, between M and O Streets;
- 24th Street, NW, between M and N Streets;
- 25th Street, NW, between M and N Streets; and,
- N Street, NW, between 23rd and 25th Streets
The parade is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. at 23rd and P Streets, NW. It will proceed through DuPont Circle, north on New Hampshire Avenue, east on R Street, south on 17th Street, east on P Street, south on 14th Street, then breaking up at N Street before Thomas Circle.
Rolling street closures along the parade route beginning at approximately 6 p.m. on/at:
- P Street, NW between 23rd Street and Dupont Circle;
- Dupont Circle;
- New Hampshire Avenue, NW, between Dupont Circle and R Street;
- R Street, NW, between New Hampshire Avenue and 17th Street;
- 17th Street, NW, between R and P Streets;
- P Street, NW, between 17th and 14th Streets; and,
- 14th Street, NW, between P Street and Thomas Circle
If you happen to miss the above, there's more... Starting at 9 p.m. on Saturday, June 13 and going through 6 p.m. Sunday, June 14, these streets will be closed for the Capital Pride Festival:
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, between 3rd and 7th Streets; and,
- Constitution Avenue, NW, between 3rd and 7th Streets
And that's not all... The eastbound ramp to the 12th Street Tunnel will be closed until 5 a.m. Monday, June 15, while workers put in a water main and water main casing across the eastside of the 11th Street Bridge, SW, weather permitting.
Drivers coming across the Francis Case Memorial (14th Street) Bridge from Virginia can go north on 14th Street to get downtown, or take the L’Enfant Plaza exit to D Street, SW. Detour signs will direct you to 7th Street.
But please note: If the work cannot be completed this weekend due to inclement weather or unexpected delays, the District of Columbia Department of Transportation will close the ramp overnight, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., on Monday, June 15; Tuesday, June 16; and, Wednesday, June 17. The work is part of the 11th Street Bridge rehabilitation, which is scheduled to be completed in November 2009.