Holiday revelers can get a free ride home for the next three weeks thanks to a local service.
SoberRide will be available to residents in the D.C. metro area from Dec. 11 until Jan. 1. All you have to do is call 800-200-8294 between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. AT&T customers can dial #WRAP to use the service. All callers must be 21 or older to qualify for a free ride.
The service covers the first $30 of the fare; riders are responsible for anything more than $30.
A SoberRide call operator will direct your ride request to one of the program's participating cab companies, which include:
- Alexandria Yellow Cab (Alexandria)
- Barwood, Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Fairfax Yellow Cab (Fairfax County)
- Loudoun Yellow Cab (Eastern Loudoun County)
- Northern Virginia Checker (Prince William County)
- Red Top Cab Company (Arlington County)
- Silver Cab of Prince George's County (Prince George's County)
- Yellow Cab of District of Columbia (District of Columbia)
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County (Prince William County)
SoberRide has been providing safe rides home since 1993 and operates during the December and January holiday season, St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, Independence Day and Halloween.