A new backpack full of pencils, notebooks, crayons and more can get a child excited about going back to school! That's why Apple Federal Credit Union is teaming up with NBC4 again this year to collect donations for children in need.
On Wednesday, August 24, you can drop off new backpacks and school supplies at the Apple Federal Credit Union Kingstowne branch, at 6831 Sir Viceroy Drive, Alexandria, Va., from 6 a.m. until noon.
News 4’s Erika Gonzalez and Amelia Draper will be there to accept your donations.
Also, all Apple Federal Credit Union branches are accepting donations now.
Suggested school supplies:
- Two packs of loose-leaf notebook paper
- Two dozen #2 pencils
- Two packages of cap erasers
- Spiral notebook or bound composition book
- Yellow highlighters
- Plain folders with pockets and brads
- Loose leaf binder with dividers
- Package of 24 crayons or package of colored pencils
- Small pencil or supply box or zippered supply pouch
- Paper glue stick
- Kleenex purse packs
- 12-inch ruler
Other ways to help:
Donate money securely online here.
Text NBC4DC to 56512
Send a check made out to CFNCR/Backpacks 4 Kids to:
Backpacks 4 Kids
4001 Nebraska Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20016
NBC4’s Backpacks 4 Kids is a component fund of the Community Foundation for the National Capital Region.
Apple Federal Credit Union is an official sponsor of Backpacks 4 Kids.