She gave you life; you gave her stretchmarks. She drove you to softball games; you drove her to the brink of insanity. Doesn't quite seem fair, huh? Make it up to her this Sunday with mimosas and pancakes. Yep, it's just that easy.
- 1789 (1226 36th St. N.W.) is serving an à la carte brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. that starts with complimentary canapés. The first and second courses are included in the entrée price.
701 (701 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.) hosts a jazz brunch with outdoor seating overlooking the Navy Memorial fountains. The three-course prix-fixe menu ($48 per person) is available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- ACKC (1529c 14th St. N.W.) recently added bottomless mimosas to its Sunday brunch. This Sunday they're giving free flowers to all moms who come in.
- Againn (1099 New York Ave. N.W.) has a three-course brunch menu from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for $35 per person (tax and gratuity not included). The a la carte menu is available throughout the day.
- Bourbon Steak (2800 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.) is serving brunch for $65 per person from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Entrées include Blue Crab Benedict with farm-fresh eggs, Benton’s country ham and Old Bay hollandaise, and marinated Angus tenderloin salad with coconut red curry, hearts of palm and caramelized eggplant.
- BRABO by Robert Wiedmaier (1600 King St., Alexandria) will offer a special a la carte brunch menu from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. All mothers will receive a box of chocolates made by Pastry Chef Kate Baltren. Classic brunch options will be featured, along with faves like the Belgian waffle with crème fraiche, lemon zest, apple butter and Pennsylvania maple syrup and plenty of desserts.
- Café Dupont(1500 New Hampshire Ave. N.W.) has brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with options like mussels with chorizo cream or pasta. Moms get a complimentary glass of champagne and box of chocolates.
- Café Saint-Ex (1847 14th St. N.W.) is a good option for late risers; they're serving brunch from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cork Wine Bar (1720 14th St. N.W.) hosts a special Mother's Day tasting of the 10 Crus of Beaujolais and the wines made from Gamay. Sample light-bodied summer wines full of cherry and cranberry notes. The tasting is $25 and the class begins at 3 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- The Grille at Morrison House (116 S. Alfred St., Alexandria) has a three-course brunch for $49 that includes a choice of mimosa or freshly squeezed juice. First-course options include Virginia crabcakes with cherry tomatoes, brioche and sauce gribiche. Entrées run the gamut from Croque Madame to Lamb and Eggs.
- Jackson 20 (480 King St., Alexandria) will serve a buffet brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., including an omelet and pancake station, seasonal fruits and roasted country pig carving stations, for $50 per adult and $25 for kids 12 and under. For an extra $20, get access to the Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar.
- Proof (775 G St. N.W.) will welcome moms with a complimentary glass of champagne. An a la carte menu is available 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; options include sautéed Wild King Salmon, and crispy soft-shell crab with asparagus, anchovies and remoulade.
- Staying in? Don't try to get revenge on Mom for all those tuna-casserole Thursdays while you were growing up. Trust us, we tried, and it's not a good idea. Cook her up something nice -- get heart-healthy recipes from the Washington Hospital Centerhere.