A pickup truck driver was killed and a tour bus driver was hospitalized in a crash Saturday that shut down the main artery between Los Angeles and Las Vegas for hours.
The 10:40 a.m. crash shut down northbound lanes of the I-15 in Baker, about 180 miles northeast of downtown LA. Some lanes reopened by 1 p.m., after CHP officers investigated the crash and crews cleared the debris, authorities said.
The tour bus driver was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
There was no immediate word on his condition.
Five bus riders suffered minor injuries, officials said. There were 29 tourists from China on the bus, Eagle Tours out of El Monte.
The truck crossed the median and crashed into the bus, before the truck burst into flames, firefighters said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Gunman Fatally Shoots Man in Car, Flees
- More Alleged Victims of Church Usher Sought
- SoCal Church Joins Lawsuit Against NSA
- Body Found on Hiking Trail
- Jackie Robinson Stadium May Have to Move
- Children in CA Amber Alert Found Safe
- Covered California Helps Uninsured
- Group Says Investment Was Fool's Gold