A Frederick, Maryland, woman is facing several charges after police say she overdosed on heroin in the bathroom of a convenience store while caring for a child.
Officers were called to a 7-Eleven in the 300 block of S. Jefferson Street shortly after 6:45 p.m. Tuesday for reports of a drug overdose.
Police say the woman, Sashae Caprice Baxter, had overdosed in the bathroom; she was the custodian of a child at the time. Police did not comment specifically on Baxter's relation to the child, but said she was not the child's mother.
Baxter was treated at the scene and regained consciousness. She was taken to the hospital and later transported to the police detention center.
She has been charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance, child neglect and two counts of possession of paraphernalia.