Several Sickened in CO Scare at Southeast Building

Faulty heating system blamed

Monday, Feb 13, 2012  |  Updated 6:34 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Families were evacuated from a SE Washington, DC apartment building because of a carbon monoxide leak.

Pat Collins

Families were evacuated from a SE Washington, DC apartment building because of a carbon monoxide leak.

advertisement

Several people in a southeast D.C. high rise complained of feeling sick Monday because of a carbon monoxide leak.

D.C. Fire and EMS went to the 2600 block of Wade Road SE for a report of a gas leak and quickly learned it was actually a carbon monoxide leak.

Residents of a condominium complex were evaluated at the scene in a medical ambulance bus, and 11 adults and five children were taken to hospitals, but everyone is expected to be OK.

The leak was due to a faulty heating system.

Residents have been allowed back inside the building, but they can’t use the heat until the heating system is fixed.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out