District police are looking for two people in connection with an attack on a transgendered woman who was shot in the 500 block of Eastern Avenue Thursday.
Police said the woman was approached by two men who assaulted her and then shot at her as she tried to run away.
The victim was treated at a local hospital; the men were seen fleeing the scene in a grey four-door sedan with the front driver's side hubcap missing.
The first subject is described as a black male, 5'10", with a dark complexion.
The second subject is described as a black male, 6' tall, heavy-set, with a medium-brown complexion. Police also released a video of the suspects they are seeking.
Anyone who has knowledge of this case, knows the identity of the persons of interest, or sees them should immediately call police at 202-727-9099 or text message 50411.
MORE FROM NBCWASHINGTON.COM:
- NFL's Joe Lefeged Arrested in D.C. Overnight
- College Student From Md. Killed in Egypt
- D.C. First Responders Practice Response to Simulated Explosion
- National Mall Gets Ready for Fourth of July
- Crash Kills Mother, Injures Children in Maryland
- Stricter Texting-While-Driving Law Goes Into Effect in Virginia Monday
- Seven-Year Sentence for Hate Crime Stabbing of 16-Year-Old