Elderly Woman Hospitalized After Wheelchair Fire

Minor injuries suffered in Glen Burnie blaze

Sunday, May 20, 2012  |  Updated 9:20 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Elderly Woman Hospitalized After Wheelchair Fire

advertisement

An elderly woman has been hospitalized with minor injuries after her wheelchair caught on fire early Sunday morning.

The incident took place in an apartment building for senior citizens at 120 Crain Highway in Glen Burnie. Firefighters responded to the report at around 6:30 a.m. and found the woman in the smoldering chair.

The woman, who has not been identified, was quickly rescued from the wheelchair and taken to a local hospital. Authorities say her injuries were related to smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out