Dominion Virginia Worker Shocked, Causes Power Outage

Worker suffers burns on 50% of his body

By Brandon Benavides
|  Wednesday, Feb 1, 2012  |  Updated 12:13 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Dominion Virginia Worker Shocked, Causes Power Outage

advertisement

An electric contractor was badly burned on the job in Fairfax County.

A spokesperson for Dominion Virginia told News4 the man was doing some maintenance work on a power line Tuesday afternoon when it shocked him.
 
It also caused 2,700 customers to lose power in Reston and Great Falls. The power has since been restored.
 
The man was transported to the Washington Hospital Center with serious injuries. He sustained burns on 50 percent of his body.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out