D.C. Police Investigate Six Robberies Involving Shotguns
D.C. police are investigating a series of armed robberies involving shotguns.
Between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, six such robberies took place in northeast D.C.
Two males in their late teens or early 20s approached people on the streets demanding wallets, purses and cell phones.
Police only have a vague description of them because both were wearing ski masks.
The following robberies are under investigation:
- December 24 at approximately 10 p.m. in the 4000 block of 9th Street, NE
- December 25 at approximately 7:15 p.m. in the 2900 block of 18th Street NE
- December 26 at approximately 9:55 p.m. in the 4000 block of 13th Street NE
- December 30 at approximately 2:45 a.m. near the intersection of 12th Street and Michigan Avenue NE
- December 30 at approximately 6:15 a.m. a complainant was walking in the 800 block of 19th Street NE
- December 31 at approximately 11:35 p.m. near the intersection of 12th Street and Randolph Street NE
Police are offering up to a $10,000 reward for information in this case. Call 202-727-9099 or text your tip to 50411.