Residents only have three days left to enroll in health coverage that will be effective January 1, 2014.
With this deadline fast approaching, places of worship in Washington are gearing up for a busy weekend that will feature a variety of activities and events aimed at getting residents enrolled in a health plan before Monday, December 23.
Highlights from this weekend’s final faith based push include a health fair that will take place Saturday, December 21 at St. Luke Church, located in Ward 7 at 4925 East Capitol Street, SE. The Good Success Christian Church and Ministries will open its Enrollment Center this Sunday from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. The center is located at the church on 4401 Sheriff Rd, NE. Certified DC Health Link Assisters and Insurance brokers will also be on-site to provide enrollment assistance.
See weekend schedule below:
Saturday, December 21, 2013
• DuPont Seventh Day Adventist Church, 3985 Massachusetts Avenue, SE, 11:00 AM
• St Luke Church Health Fair, 4925 East Capitol Street SE, 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Sunday, December 22, 2013
• Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church, 3000 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, 10:45 AM
• Campbell AME Church, 2562 MLK Jr. Ave., SE, 10:00 AM
• St. Paul AME Church, 4901 14th Street, NW, 10:30 AM
• Union Temple Baptist Church, 1225 W Street SE, Two Services: 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM
• Allen Chapel AME, 2498 Alabama Ave SE, 8:00 AM
• Greater First Baptist, 2701 13th Street NW, 11:00 AM Service, 1:00 PM Enrollment
• Imani Temple on Capitol Hill, 611 Maryland Ave., NE, 10:30 AM
• St. Theresa of Avila, 1401 V Street, SE, 7:30 AM
• New Bethel Baptist Church, 1739 Ninth Street, NW, 10:00 AM
• Good Success Christian Church & Ministries, 4401 Sheriff Road, NE, 9:00 AM –1:00 PM
• Metropolitan AME Church, 1518 M Street, NW, Two Services: 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM
• Ward Memorial AME Church, 241 42nd Street NE, 11:00AM
• Pilgrim AME Church, 612 Seventeenth Street, NE, 10:00AM