Thieves stole more than $500,000 worth of cognac in Rosedale, Md., earlier this month, according to Baltimore County police.
Shortly before 5 a.m. March 16, thieves broke into a fenced-in parking area in the 7000 block of Quad Avenue, police said. They hooked a truck up to a cargo container carrying 2,142 bottles of Hennessy worth $514,000 and cut the lock to a gate to leave the area.
The truck and trailer were recovered Tuesday at Monroe and Mulberry streets in Baltimore, but the cognac was gone, police said.
Anyone with information about the case should call Baltimore County police at 410-307-2020 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-LOCKUP.
MORE STORIES ON NBCWASHINGTON.COM:
- Air and Space Museum Evacuated; Suspicious Package Found
- Police Confirm Two Dead in Multi-Vehicle Crashes on Interstate 81 in West Virginia
- Kahlil Tatum, Believed to Be With Missing Girl Relisha Rudd, Has Criminal Past
- Ex-Virginia Governor, Wife Request Separate Trials
- Sailor Slain in Norfolk Was Hard Worker, Proud of his Service