How about some live music to go with that Sunday coffee/tea, french toast and eggs benedict?
Here's where you can catch some in the DC's 'hoods tomorrow, as part of the fifth annual Duke Ellington Jazz Festival:
- Café Nema at 1334 U Street, NW, 202-667-3215
- Chef Geoff at 1301 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, 202-464-4461; brunch is from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Marvin at 2007 14th Street, NW, 202-797-7171; brunch starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Napolean at 1847 Columbia Road, NW, 202-299-9630
- Stars Bistro at 2120 P Street, NW, 202-464-6464; brunch runs from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Utopia Bar and Grill at 1418 U Street, NW, 202-483-7669; brunch is from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
After you get your fill, there are two other events you might want to check out:
- Nasar Abadey and the Supernova Chamber Orchestra at the Atlas Performing Arts Center - Lang Theatre at 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Jazz 'n Families Fun Day at The Phillips Collection, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Pssst, this one is free!)
This year's festival started Friday and runs through June 15. The tribute concert by Ellis Marsalis at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts caps the festival. Marsalis will perform with his four musical sons -- Branford, Wynton, Delfeayo and Jason -- plus Harry Connick, Jr. and Dr. Billy Taylor, according to NOLA.com.