A total of seven houses have now been condemned at the site of a Florida sinkhole that swallowed two homes last month, officials said Monday.
Pasco County officials said seven homes meet the criteria for demolition in the Land O'Lakes neighborhood where the sinkhole, which opened up July 14, is now about 260 feet wide at its widest point.
Officials said crews were removing debris from the site and 125 dump trucks full of lime rock have been brought to the area. The cleanup is expected to take several months.
U.S. & World
The day's top national and international news.
Officials aren't sure what caused the destabilization, but think seismic vibrations from trucks and construction equipment around the hole could be to blame.