Contrary to previous reports, the end of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” may not be a reality in 2011 after all – at least not if Oprah has anything to say about it.
Access Hollywood caught up with Oprah on Wednesday night in New York at the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater’s 50th anniversary gala, where the queen of TV talk said she’s not planning to pull the plug on her syndicated show when the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) launches via Discovery on cable TV in 2011.
“I’m not done!” she told Access. “I’m a very multi-dimensional woman. I can do a show, I can have OWN, I can have a magazine, I can do radio.”
Back in January, Oprah announced she was launching OWN and would share 50/50 ownership with Discovery Networks. Oprah will serve as the chairman of the network and will have full editorial control over the channel and its Web site.
On Wednesday night, Access asked Oprah how she would be able to pull off juggling all of her various projects.
“Because you’re Oprah?” Access asked.
“That’s why,” she smiled.
But long-term plans aside, Oprah has some very immediate plans for her show in the months to come – like taking “Oprah” to Washington, D.C., for President-elect Barack Obama’s inauguration.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Oprah will be renting out the Opera House at the Kennedy Center to film her show during the week of the inauguration. But while she’ll be in town for the event, Oprah told Access she wouldn’t be hosting an inauguration ball of her own.
“I’m trying to figure out what the party situation is and who else is having one, so I can go to theirs,” she told Access on Wednesday night.
Oprah also shot down another rumor circulating, which suggested she would be lending some of her personal jewels to future First Lady Michelle Obama on Inauguration Night.
“No, Michelle can take care of herself,” Oprah added. “She is the First Lady.”