Anne Hathaway’s ex-boyfriend, Raffaello Follieri, who plead guilty to all 14 counts of conspiracy, wire fraud and money laundering last month, is now asking the court to reduce his prison sentence, Access Hollywood has learned.
As part of his plea deal, Follieri agreed to serve four-plus years behind bars, but now is hoping to just serve 36 months, according to court documents obtained by Access.
A rep for Follieri told Access that his client is extremely regretful of his crimes.
“It is my client’s sole objective to convey to the court that he is most assuredly remorseful for his actions. As he awaits sentencing, his family’s well being continues to remain a priority for him at this time,” Follieri’s rep said in a statement.
In the court papers, Follieri’s lawyer claimed Hollywood was a cause of his client’s downfall.
“He was socializing with some of the wealthiest and most successful people in the world. He was surround by movie stars and celebrities and this young man who neither drinks nor smokes became intoxicated with it all,” Follieri’s lawyer said in the court document.
During his sentencing in September, the 30-year-old Follieri read a brief statement to the judge that said, “I knew what I was doing was wrong.”
Follieri’s ex, actress Anne Hathaway, told Access earlier this month that her recent hosting gig on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” where she made light of her ex’s legal issues, helped her deal with the situation and hopes people understand she is ready to put it behind her.
“I thought it was important to make light of the elephant in the room. If we didn’t do it right off the bat, people might be sitting there wondering when we were going to do it — and if we were going to do it — and they might not listen to the show,” Anne told Access. “I also just wanted to tell everyone, ‘OK, this is it, I’m done. I don’t want to talk about it anymore, please don’t ask me about it.’ I’m ready to move on and I thought that was a great way to let everybody know that.”