Now that the Blizzard of 2016 is over, it's time to turn off Netflix and step, carefully, outside. Then check out these fun -- cheap -- D.C. events:
Washington Auto Show
- What: Over 700 new car models from more than 42 manufacturers, as well as contests, celebrities, music and more
- Where: Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place NW
- When: Now through Sunday, Jan. 31
- Price: Free (ages 5 and under), $5 (ages 6-12), $12 (adults), $40 (VIP Tour)
Chinese New Year Family Festival
- What: Crafts, traditional performances, artists and demonstrations
- Where: Smithsonian American Art Museum, 800 G St. NW
- When: Saturday, Jan. 30, 11:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Price: Free
- What: Larger-than-life art exhibit with pieces made of unusual materials including index cards, marbles, tires, insects and more
- Where: Renwick Gallery, 1661 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
- When: Now through May 8
- Price: Free
Flying Dog Brewery takes over Duffy’s
- What: 9 Different Flying Dog Varieties on Tap, from Cranberry IPA to Belgian Pale Ale
- Where: Duffy’s Irish Pub, 2106 Vermont Ave. NW
- When: Friday, Jan. 29 and Saturday, Jan. 30
- Price: Up to you!
- What: Ice bars, frosty beer garden, food vendors, live music, fire pits, ice sculptures and more
- Where: The Yards D.C., 301 Water St. SE
- When: Saturday, Jan. 30, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Price: $10
- Age: 21+
Georgetown v. Providence Game
- What: Georgetown v. Providence basketball game
- Where: Verizon Center, 601 F St. NW
- When: Saturday, Jan. 30, 8 p.m.
- Price: $22+
D.C. Record Fair
- What: D.C.'s only record fair featuring music, DJs, drinks and more
- Where: Penn Social, 801 E St. NW
- When: Sunday, Jan. 31
- Price: $5 from 11 a.m. to noon, $2 from noon to 5 p.m.
Don't forget: it's D.C. Restaurant Week! Menus and deals can be found here.