NBA Essentials ranks our six favorite stories of the day.
1. TrueHoop. Spending a day with NBA referees. Tons of great notes in here.
2. Palm Beach Post. Michael Beasley comes ... err, clean: "And when asked if he was hiding in the hotel room when security first entered Beasley answered, 'Honestly, I don't know.' I'm not sure our young protagonist understands what that word means.
3. Ball in Europe. Highlights from Josh Childress' first preseason game in Greece.
4. OregonLive. Nate McMillan wants to dampen the high expectations facing the Blazers. Good luck.
6. Sactown Royalty. (Self-link alert!) Investigating the causes of Sacramento's bloated salary.