No we have not forgotten about our Saturday Rewind. CFFinsider Brian McDonald is currently in recovery mode after running the Chicago marathon this afternoon. Yes, he is in a full blown midlife crisis.
Some random notes from around the country till then:
- Jordan Shipley is quietly becoming one of the most dangerous wide receivers in the country. Heading into the game against Oklahoma, I figured Texas would need two from Shipley to be in a position to win and he delivered.
- Well hello there Jake Sharp, where have you been?
- Running back Vai Taua of Nevada is sure to burn up the waiver wires once again.
- I have LeGarrette Blount in two leagues and have yet to play him once. The second I do, his scoring barrage is sure to stop. I will listen to any and all bribes from Jeremiah Johnson owners to play him Oct. 25th against Arizona State.
- Freshman running back Cody Johnson of Texas has scored at one touchdown in every game this year. Cody was a perfect 3-for-3 in attempts for touchdowns last Saturday.
- Looking ahead to next week, I can't see Toby Gerhart seeing less than 25 carries against UCLA.
- Nick Moore had 20 receptions..yes 20..against Michigan on Saturday. That would be a nice day for those playing Nick in PPR leauges.