Local

Girl, 6, Injured by Electrical Shock at MGM National Harbor

A 6-year-old girl was seriously injured after she was shocked by an electrical current at MGM National Harbor. 

The girl was at an outdoor fountain on the west side of the resort when she was shocked late Tuesday night. A fire official says a MGM employee stepped in to help the girl and was also shocked. His injuries are not life-threatening. 

Prince George's County police officers were the first to arrive at the scene and immediately began performing CPR on the little girl. The officers brought both victims to fire crews outside the building, and emergency crews continued performing CPR on the girl as they traveled to the hospital. 

The girl regained a pulse, but she is still unconscious, according to a spokesperson with the fire department. The girl is currently in critical condition. 

MGM National Harbor says they are cooperating with the investigation. 

"This is a horrible accident and we are heartbroken," a statement released by MGM NAtional Harbor read. "That area has been closed to the public while investigators and our engineers conduct a comprehensive assessment of the situation."

MGM National Harbor is located on the banks of the Potomac River and has a casino, hotel, entertainment and stores.

Contact Us