D.C.'s fire chief says he's asked the city's inspector general to investigate the case of a 39-year-old man who died after paramedics told him he probably had acid reflux.
Edward Givens of northeast Washington called 911 on Dec. 3. He complained of chest pain and difficulty breathing. His family says paramedics evaluated him, asked him what he had eaten and told him he probably had acid reflux. Relatives say paramedics suggested he take Pepto Bismol and did not take him to the hospital.
Givens died hours later.
Rubin says his department "has nothing to hide."
Rebecca Blatt reports...
Copyright 2008 WAMU 88.5 - American University Radio. All Rights Reserved.