Some apparent tornado activity ahead of Hurricane Irene was reported in Maryland.
A state trooper saw what appeared to be a tornado touch down in Wicomico County, Md., Saturday night, according to Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley.
The apparent twister touched down in a wooded area near Powellville before 9 p.m. Saturday, state police spokesman Greg Shipley said.
There's no indication of injuries or damage to structures, Shipley said.
- Watch Live: Hurricane Irene Coverage
- Track the storm with our interactive radar.
- Share your photos with us and other readers.
- Check the latest severe weather alerts.
- Prepare yourself and your home for the hurricane.
- By the numbers: Hurricane Irene.
- Dramatic photos of the hurricane.
- Power outages: Info from your power company.
- Complete weather coverage and News4 video forecasts.
- Hurricanes through history.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters and get breaking news delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text DCBREAKING to 622339 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.)