Yeah, we know. St. Patrick's Day was yesterday. But that's no reason to stop wearing -- or buying -- green.
And today is the day for bargain-hungry, as well as just plain hungry, shoppers to get down to Third Thursdays in MidCity.
First off, the "green" sale. Home Rule (1807 14th Street) is offering 20 percent off all green-colored items. Lime green, grass green, forest green -- if it's green, we suggest you get it. Spring is
basically here. (Have you seen the weather forecast? Up to 70° today, tomorrow and Saturday!)
Caramel (1603 U St NW) will have discounts of up to 50 percent off end of season styles and 10 percent off new spring items. Local 16 will be providing the food samples.
Not to be outdone, Bike Rack will also give you 10 percent off purchases after you stumble in with a receipt from ACKC. Talk about sweet reciprocity...
And let's not forget the champagne, cookies and cupcakes:
- A free cookie and 10 percent off at Miss Pixie's Furnishings and Whatnot (1626 14th St NW).
- Champagne and fruit while you wander around Bang and Olufsen (1604 14th St NW).
- Pulp(1803 14th St NW) is holding a customer appreciation drawing -- win a prize or 10, 25, or 20 percent off your purchase. Food provided by Nellies.
- Palace 5 (2216 14th St NW) will have food from Marvin Restaurant and 15 percent off regularly priced items.
- Rue 14(1803 14th St NW) has deals and food provided by Cafe Saint Ex and cupcakes from Izacupcake.