A new kid in town may be giving local salad places Chopt and Sweetgreen a run for their money. Saladworks is moving into town, and if the franchise's success in other locations is any indicator, the iceberg will be flying as they duel it out to win the oh-so-healthy hearts of the salad-minded.
According to Washington Business Journal, the March 4th opening of a Saladworks on Eden Street is just the first of the 15 area locations coming in the next few years. Vernon Hill II, the man behind the expansion effort, is targeting locations with a steady flow of office workers and relatively high incomes, meaning he'll by vying for those coveted lunch time business crowds.
Saladworks is a salad spot that prides itself on being "fanatic'ly fresh." They offer made-to-order entree-sized salads as an alternative to unhealthy alternatives and meager serving sizes. They also have wraps, soups and paninis, but if a place has the word "salad" in the name, you might as well give it a try, right?
These openings are part of the national expansion efforts of the franchise, which won "Nation's #1 Salad Franchise" this year in Entrepenuer Magazine. The next location to open will be in Fairfax. Look for it this summer.
For the full article, click here.
1140 Eden St., Herndon, VA
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here