There's still two months to go until the RAMMY Awards (the Oscars of D.C.'s dining scene), but you have a chance to score a pair of coveted tickets to the highly anticipated gala by simply sipping a cocktail.
We know, life is hard.
Between May 18 to June 18, the nominees for Beverage/Mixology Program of the Year will host special cocktail promotions. Visit nominated restaurants and order their signature RAMMY cocktail for a chance to win two tickets to the annual gala on June 24.
You'll receive an entry for each RAMMY drink purchase. (But remember, all things in moderation... right?)
The five nominees for "Beverage/Mixology Program of the Year" are Bourbon Steak, ChurchKey, EatGoodFood Group, Estadio and Room 11. The nominees will be serving up the following creative cocktails:
- Duane Sylvestre, mixologist at Bourbon Steak (2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW), has created the Huntress, made with Red Stag Bourbon, cold black tea, housemade sarsaparilla syrup and fresh lemon. This RAMMY cocktail is served in an absinthe-rinsed glass and garnished with a lemon twist.
- The award-winning beer master Greg Engert of ChurchKey (1337 14th St. NW) is combining brews and booze in his innovative Farmhouse Punch. He tops a mixture of Russian Standard Vodka, Pernod Ricard Absinthe, lemon juice, grapefruit juice and peppercorn syrup with Rayon Vert, a Belgian-style Pale Ale from Green Flash Brewing Co.
- Adam Bernbach, mixologist at Estadio (1520 14th St. NW), is mixing up the refreshing Día de Descanso (meaning "Day of Rest" in Spanish), made with Beefeater 24 Gin, housemade saffron and grapefruit syrup, fresh lime juice and sparkling wine, garnished with lime and mint.
- DC's own punch master, Dan Searing of Room 11 (3234 11th St. NW), is serving up his summertime-perfect Conquistador Punch, made with Sauza Hornitos Tequila, Gonzalez Byass Solera 1847 Oloroso Dulce, fresh lime and clementine juices, housemade clementine zest syrup and fresh clementines served over a large ice block.
- Todd Thrasher of EatGoodFood Group has concocted a creative punch bowl cocktail, the 42 and Cloudy. The complex 12-ingredient drink is made with Cruzan White Rum, honey vodka, passion vodka, Sazerac rye, sencha green tea, passion fruit juice... we could go on, but trust us: It's great. Try it at Virtue Feed & Grain (106 S. Union St., Alexandria, Va.).