These days a buck doesn’t seem to buy much, but between March 22-28, UNICEF has partnered with hundreds of local restaurants to provide clean drinking water for children around the world for a dollar.
Restaurants and volunteers around the country (including DC) will join together to raise awareness about the critical role water plays in a child’s survival. As part of the Tap Project, local establishments will be charging $1 for tap water that is normally free, in hopes of saving one more child. One dollar provides one child with water for forty days or forty children with water for a day.
To find a list of participating restaurants in the DC area, check out their website. Donations can also be made online and are tax deductible. http://www.tapproject.org/tap-in-your-city
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here