Bethesda might not be the Mecca of nightlife, but it does “alright” with what it has. Harp & Fiddle, an Irish-American pub, in the heart of this city has long been a favorite of locals. Between trivia nights, live music and their laundry list of nightly happy hour specials, this place is sure to have a little something for everyone.
The venue is large with an impressive-sized, street-side patio area, relieving smokers from having to ditch their groups and set up camp under random awnings.
As for special events, Harp & Fiddle is not one to skimp on a promotion. Thursdays thru Sundays feature live performances. Tuesdays and Sundays are free-poker-night. Monday night is “Stump!” testing the soberly-challenged to brain-busting trivia. Friday and Saturday specials include $5 wings and nachos, $3 bottled beer, $3 specialty shots and $4 featured beer on tap.
As if this isn’t reason enough to turn the corner and have a drink, you can do so knowing that this place does its share to support charities. Lending its name and establishment to numerous charity events, like the upcoming Guinness for Ghana Fundraiser April 4th, from 2-6 p.m.
Fri. & Sat. 10-2 a.m.
Harp & Fiddle
488 Cordell Ave.
Bethesda, Md. 20814
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here