Ding, ding, ding! Galaxy Hut, a restaurant and bar in the Clarendon section of Arlington, has a time warp ambiance that feels like stepping back into time, caught somewhere in an old-school mall arcade.
This place comes complete with large arcade-style video games that double as cocktail tables. Salvaged material from a demolished casino adorns the walls and the chairs are the original metal vinyl ones used in bowling alleys across the country.
Pinball, Ms. Pac Man, Galga and Space Invader are among the featured games. There is a Megatouch machine and a pretty good jukebox selection.
Live music is scheduled every Sunday and Monday after 9:30 p.m., usually featuring unsigned and or local talent. Some of the Hut's upcoming performances include Girl Loves Distortion, Small Doses, Mittenfields, Oh Captain My Captain, D.C. Improvisers Collective, Altmira, Brasstronaut, Janel and Anthony, The Mantis, and Kaiser Cartel.
The food is typical bar food (although they have incorporated new vegetarian options). Galaxy Hut features 20 draft options and 30 plus varieties of bottled beer. Doors open at noon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and 5 p.m. the other nights of the week. There is only a cover charge on performance nights.
2711 Wilson Blvd.
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here