Later this month, you'll have the chance to dance with the green fairy, when Morton's Steakhouse hosts Absinthe: The Green Hour.
During the event, guests will learn the art and history of the distilled beverage. You can look forward to enjoying an evening of Pernod absinthe cocktails and Morton's signature hors d'oeuvres, such as crab stuffed mushrooms, in the restaurant's private boardroom.
Absinthe is created by dripping ice water slowly over a sugar cube. The cube is then put on top of a slotted spoon over a glass of absinthe. Once the water passes through the spoon slots, the concotion becomes the green and potent drink we recogize so well.
Morton’s will have the tastings in two different places. The first event is at their Georgetown restaurant on Thursday, March 19 at 6 p.m. The other will be on Thursday, March 26 at 6:30 p.m. at their downtown location.
Tickets, which include tax and gratuity, cost $45 per person.
For more inormation and to purchase tickets visit: http://www.mortons.com/specialevents.php?pageid=events
3251 Prospect Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20007
Morton’s (Downtown DC)
1050 Connecticut Ave.
Washington, DC 20036
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here