In case you missed it... the answers to this week's "Ask Liz" at 4 p.m.:
- You cannot use dishwashing liquid in place of dishwasher detergent.
- Dishwashing detergents require special conditions under which the detergents must work.
- Too many suds will smother the water action in a dishwasher.
- There is a risk of overflow which can damage both the machine and the floor around it.
- The courts all said that the law varies state-to-state, and even county-to- county.
- In DC, you shouldn’t be called in to serve more than once in two years.
- Montgomery County court can’t re-summon a juror for a minimum of three years. However, each county court in Maryland is different.
- Fairfax courts told us that once jurors are called in, they shouldn’t be contacted again for a minimum of three years. And that law applies for every court in the state of Virginia.
Why does the popcorn package have nutritional information for popped and un-popped popcorn? Orville Redenbacher told us:
- The FDA requires it to put nutrition values for un-popped popcorn on the label.
- This is because nutrition amounts can change after the food is prepared.
- Some fat and butter can remain in the popcorn bag after popping which reduces the fat content in the cooked popcorn.
- And the same is true for other foods such as cake mixes, boxed macaroni, and cheese dinners.
Don't miss a new "Ask Liz" every Friday during News4 at 4 and News4 at 5.
Got a question for "Ask Liz"? Send any consumer questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.