Here are your Morning Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• FYI: My PC was infected with a mighty virus last night, crippling its firewalls and giving me the blue screen of death whenever I reboot it. So I'm stuck with a Mac Book that makes our posts look like they're done sans spacebar, and a desktop PC that is slightly older than the Atari 2600. Thanks for the patience today. And for you nerds about to get all Mac-superior on PC boy: Byte me.
• Tom Jones of Scripps News gives puckheads something to sink their teeth into: The top eight players who had the most impact in the last decade. Now, the argument can be made for Martin Brodeur at No. 1; but Jaromir Jagr over Nicklas Lidstrom? Mats Sundin and Alexei Yashin even on this list? Waaaah? [Scripps]
• Edmonton Oilers president Kevin Lowe lashes out at the NHL for scheduling games on HOF induction day and for the secretive "blackballing" that kept his friend and former teammate Glenn Anderson out of the Hall until this season. We call them "standards." [Sun Media]
• Detroit Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood has his eyes on 400 career wins. Of the nine goalies that are over the 400 mark, six of them are in the Hall of Fame and one of the remaining three is named Marty Brodeur. [Snapshots]
• ESPN seems to have abandoned its NHL rankings, which has caused a small reader mutiny. Curiously, the poker rankings are updated on the hour ... [Deadspin]
• That said, great piece by Pierre LeBrun about Igor Larionov's induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame today, chronicling his journey from Russian legend to NHL champion, and getting some commentary from Wayne Gretzky along the way. [ESPN]
• A second team in Toronto would be worth close to $600 million, and the Toronto Maple Leafs would get a one-time territorial fee of $250 million. Remind us again why this isn't going to happen? [Globe & Mail]
• Video: Behind the scenes of a 10-page fashion shoot with the New York Rangers for Men's Journal magazine. Over/under on the number of times Sean Avery replays this video to make snarky Joan Rivers-like comments: 37. [The Hockey Show]
• TV news from the NHL: "Twenty one of the 30 teams had local ratings that were higher than or on par with those from a year ago." Combine this with the NHL's "record" attendance in October, and there are a ton of people watching hockey this season. Or at least slightly more than did last season. [NHL]
• Sergei Fedorov, Shaone Morrisonn and Viktor Kozlov are out for the Washington Capitals tonight against Olaf Kolzig and the Tampa Bay Lightning. Brent Johnson gets the call in goal again over Jose Theodore. What goalie controversy? [Capitals Insider]
• Finally, someone please tell Leahy that there's an Irish-American hockey tournament that's sponsored by Guinness. If the NHL plays in Dublin, we're so there.