The World Taekwondo Federation says it will investigate Britain's decision to exclude top-ranked fighter Aaron Cook from the Olympic squad, saying the decision brings the sport into "disrepute."
The sport's governing body says it was "extremely disappointed" at Britain's selection process of the taekwondo Olympians for the London Games. The lack of transparency in the U.K. decision is causing confusion, the federation said in a statement Thursday.
Last week, the British Olympic Organization ordered the U.K. taekwondo body to reconvene its selection panel after Cook, who has won major tournaments in the past year, appealed the exclusion.
British officials picked the 104-ranked Lutalo Muhammad.
Cook had a falling out with the taekwondo federation since abandoning its training program last year.