The University of Iowa has taken the top spot as the country's most hard-partying school, according to Princeton Review's latest rankings.
The honor was announced on Monday to coincide with the release of its latest book "Best 378 Colleges: 2014 Edition." Iowa dethroned last year's top pick West Virginia University, which fell to fourth place.
The college admissions consulting company also released its list of "stone-cold sober schools." Brigham Young University is holding steady at the top of the list for the 16th straight year. The honor has prompted a version of a drinking game tradition that includes downing some chocolate milk each time the school makes the list.
U.S. & World
The day's top national and international news.
The Princeton Review surveyed an average of 333 students per campus and worked with school administrators to come up with the rankings. The party schools are judged on the amount of time students spend studying and how active Greek societies are on campus.
Rounding out the top five party schools are: University of California, Santa Barbara, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, West Virginia University and Syracuse University.
Here is the full list:
TOP 20 PARTY SCHOOLS
1. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
2. University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
3. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.
4. West Virginia University, Morgantown W. Va.
5. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
6. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
7. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
8. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
9. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
10. Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
11. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
12. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
13. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
14. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.
15. University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
16. Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
17. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
18. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of Oregon, Eugene, Ore.
TOP 20 SOBER SCHOOLS
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
4. Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
5. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
6. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
7. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
8. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
9. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
10. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
11. City University of New York-Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y.
12. City University of New York-City College, New York City
13. City University of New York-Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
14. Mills College, Oakland, Calif.
15. Agnes Scott College, Atlanta/Decatur, Ga.
16. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
17. California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif.
18. Simmons College, Boston
19. Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
20. Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans