A small fire broke out Friday in Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment, officials tell NBC 4 New York.
The actor was not home at the time. Several people in the apartment, believed to be employees, escaped safely, officials said. A firefighter suffered a minor injury.
The blaze began on the fourth floor of the Central Park West building. De Niro's apartment encompasses the fourth, fifth and sixth floors, fire officials said.
U.S. & World
The day's top national and international news.
The fire was believed to have started in a lint trap, officials said.